Warehouse Supervisor, Outbound Operations
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor to manage and oversee all warehouse activities, ensure efficient processes, and maximize warehouse productivity. The warehouse supervisor's responsibilities include supervising employees, coordinating logistical processes, ensuring the quality of goods, and preparing relevant documentation.
To be successful as a warehouse supervisor you should be experienced in optimizing warehousing processes and be an effective team leader. An outstanding warehouse supervisor should be dependable and have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Maintain the distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Read and understand operational reports to constantly improve and deliver results
- Evaluate performance metrics to ensure quality delivery and cost-efficient work-flow processes
- Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by understanding and studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety procedures and protocols
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Efficiency plan and coordination of administrative activities to ensure accurate results in all aspects of the operation.
- Make sure that SOPs are followed and utilizing appropriate methods at all times
- 5 years of warehouse experience preferred
- Food and Beverage Industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Able to make decisions and hold people accountable
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in operating Power industrial Equipment (Forklift, Order picker, Electric Jack, Reach-truck)
- Able to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Excellent organizational skills are a must
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan, bi-annual pay out
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $55,000 - 65,000
- This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses, incentives, and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience, and work areas. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.