Category Buyer-Vietnamese Market
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About The Role
As a Category Buyer for our Vietnamese Market, you are responsible for analyzing market trends, strategic curation of product assortments tailored to our customer base, and determining a competitive pricing strategy that help grow the Vietnamese Market. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics, and above all, a passion for helping our customers get high-quality products and live better.
- Drive revenue growth and optimize profitability through effective sales planning, pricing strategies, and promotional activities.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure healthy fill rates to retain customers while facilitating new growth opportunities.
- Collaborate on cross-channel and company-wide initiatives to achieve global multi-channel strategies.
- Utilize data analysis to make data-driven decisions on assortment strategy and execution.
- Craft keywords and titles that reflect diverse dialects and cultural nuances in the Vietnamese language.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Data, Search, Product Ranking, Product Growth, Merchandising, Marketing, and Category Owners, to enhance SKU ranking and display on Vietnamese storefronts, providing customers with an exceptional shopping experience and driving new customer acquisition and retention.
- Promote and uphold company policies, procedures, mission, values, and ethical standards.
- Passion for food and on constant quest for new and exciting products.
- Profound knowledge of the Vietnamese culture, food, and nuances in Vietnam and Vietnamese communities in the US.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication in Vietnamese and English to manage Vietnamese-speaking vendors.
- 1-2 years of proven experience in merchandising, sourcing, vendor negotiation, and vendor management
- Familiar with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Strong detail-oriented, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- An industry background related to foods and/ or grocery retail preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision. PPO/HMO packages
- 401k, 4% company match
- Annual bonus plan
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credits
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $60,000-70,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.