Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Business Insider, Reuters and TechCrunch.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA, and is currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (5x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $800M+ in funding to date from leading investors including Softbank Vision Funds, DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
As a Demand Planner that supports our Mainstream/Ethnic team, you’ll be working closely with a variety of teams to ensure that our inventory is always stocked with the latest and greatest products. With your expertise in demand planning and inventory management, you’ll be responsible for forecasting future demand for our core items, promotions, seasonal products and new arrivals. By analyzing customer demand and vendor performance, you’ll provide critical insights to help us optimize our inventory, reduce waste, and increase sales. Plus, as a part of a collaborative and dynamic team, you’ll work with other departments to review and refine our day to day tactics and strategies related to demand planning and inventory management.
- Provide daily guidance and oversight to the category while working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Identify and analyze demand forecast risks, and develop effective mitigation plans to ensure optimal inventory levels and customer satisfaction.
- Stay ahead of the curve by regularly planning and updating forecasts for new products, seasonal items, discounts, promotions & new regions.
- Analyze and troubleshoot demand-related issues in a timely and accurate manner, and maintain demand planning processes to continuously improve forecast accuracy.
- Assist in developing annual budgets and cost-effectiveness initiatives, and provide routine and ad-hoc demand related reports to management.
- Oversee and maintain optimal inventory levels in the warehouse through effective inventory planning, working with vendors to ensure optimal delivery performance.
- Plan, coordinate and execute demand planning activities with the team to support the overall success of the category.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Annual bonus plan
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Monthly Weee! Points credit
- Valuable opportunity to grow into your dream role by contributing to a venture-backed startup in a high-growth stage
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $64,480 - $85,000
- This role may be eligible to discretionary bonus, incentives and benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum base salary for new hires for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by multiple factors like job-related skills, experience and work locations. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include any variable compensation elements.
For more jobs and to find out more about Weee!, visit our career page: https://about.sayweee.com/careers