Human Resources Business Partner
Bobbie is creating a parenting culture of confidence, not comparison. And it starts with how we choose to feed our babies. We crafted our European style infant formula with purposefully sourced, organic ingredients to give parents a product they are proud to feed their babies, direct to their doorstep. Bobbie is proud to be the only US formula that is designed to meet both FDA and EU standards.
Although 83% of parents turn to formula in the first year of their baby’s life, this is the silent majority that is often shamed for not being able to exclusively breastfeed. Co-founded by two moms and created by a team of mom scientists, nutritionists, pediatricians, and lactation consultants, the Bobbie team knows first hand that there is no one size fits all for feeding. With Bobbie, we hope you can Bottle Boldly.
This position will report into the People Operations Lead and sit within Bobbie’s People Team. This position is based at our infant formula manufacturing facility in Health, OH. You will be on the facility’s leadership team and have a dotted line reporting relationship into the Site Director. You will be responsible for all aspects of HR at the facility including engagement, experience, payroll, employee relations and performance. You will be an essential team member, supporting the site’s leadership team in achieving our production goals and solving problems for employees on a daily basis. You will have direct support from the rest of the Bobbie People team in numerous areas of HR.
What you will accomplish:
- Establish and build trusting relationships with manufacturing employees and site leadership, providing guidance and direction for all HR needs
- Support onboarding and continuous learning and development opportunities for our team members and management
- Work closely with the site director to optimize staff headcount, scheduling and org structure to accomplish production goals
- Work with leadership to manage the employee experience at the facility- office management, celebratory events, collecting feedback from employees, etc.
- Oversee payroll, ensuring accuracy of hourly time cards, time off and wages. Maintain employee records in our HRIS system- Paychex
- Work closely with our recruiting team to support the candidate experience by conducting interviews and being the on-site point of contact for candidates
- Drive performance by facilitating our performance review cycle, managing performance improvement plans, upholding our company policies, and fostering a culture of feedback and coaching
- Analyze and identify trends and find solutions that will lead to increased engagement and tenure at the facility.
- Maintain compliance and understanding with federal and Ohio regulations
- Recommend updates to our policies and procedures to better serve employees and the company
- Collaborate closely with the safety and quality teams to achieve the safest work environment possible
- Oversee employee relations, including: conducting internal investigations, managing employee leaves, solving benefit concerns, handling disciplinary actions and terminations, supervising workers comp issues
What we would like you to have:
- Relevant years of experience as an HR Business Partner or Generalist supporting hourly employees, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Willingness and ability to spend a significant amount of time on the manufacturing floor getting to know the team and understanding the business
- A desire to stay on top of HR trends
- Talent for multi-tasking and comfort in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- A data-driven mindset
- Warmth and passion, as well as natural ability to build and manage strong relationships quickly
- Strong understanding of how to navigate employment law and when to ask for help
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SPHR, PHR or SHRM-CP certification is a plus
- Flexibility -- our facility operates most hours of each day
You’re inspired by our core values:
- Be Radical - We are change makers, rule breakers and stigma shakers. We are unapologetically bold and use our megaphone for good.
- Nurture the Tension - Parenthood is full of healthy tension, and so is building a company. We embrace the unknowns, practice humility and are a culture of learners.
- Deliver Ounce by Ounce - Our customers have entrusted us to feed their babies. We lose sleep over the details, so they don’t have to.
- Don’t Assume - We embrace our unique perspectives, withhold judgment, and find beauty in the paths that brought us all to Bobbie. Our strength is celebrating each other and our collective voice.
- Employee medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered by Bobbie, with options to add dependents through a subsidized pre-tax deduction
- Stock options
- 401k with match
- 20 paid days off
- 16 paid company holidays
- Snacks and beverages provided
- Subsidized meals
- One year subscription to Bobbie or Baby's Only
At Bobbie, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Bobbie is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.